Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Machine Gun Kelly takes on the "rock community" critics during the AMAs


The suit is seriously spiked Machine Gun Kelly wore in American Music Awards The Sunday Night Ceremonies (November 20) may have been an envelope letter to his critics. Specifically those in the "rock community" he targeted most when making his speech upon receiving the award for Favorite Rock Artist during the ABC telecast.

After complaining that this same suit is uncomfortable, he attracts another uncomfortable side to his life - people who think he doesn't deserve to be in the rockstar leagues. "There were some people in the rock community who called me a tourist, but they're wrong—I'm the Rocket Man," the speech began oddly, which offered more to evoke Elton John from any thing else.

MGK then added, "We weren't born on the moon but we looked at it and got curious and then went there... supposedly. And those last two rock albums were, for me, going to the moon. I'm not done exploring the universe yet, I'm all kinds." Then his expletive-filled rant was cut short by ABC. Watch the video below.

This was the second year in a row that MGK won the Favorite Rock Artist category, besting him imagine dragonsThe Lumineers, Manskin And the hot red pepper. It comes as the AMAs also added other rock-leaning award titles this year to broaden the pool of recognized artists in harder genres, so time will tell if MGK will hold its own in this arena in the years to come. ghost In fact he won the opening Favorite rock album honor.

MGK was also recently nominated for a Grammy Award Best rock album for his efforts in 2022 mainstream selling Although he has some stiff competition alongside The Black Keys, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Idles, Ozzy Osbourne, and Spoon. This telecast airs in February.

His rock music nominations come at a time when MGK announces that he has never quit rap or Switched typeswhich makes it even more confusing.

In a recent interview with Hollywood ReporterThe artist explained, "I'm talented as damn and I've added to my catalog four great rap albums. So what I did is I never left or left or changed. Because that same year I was an over-watched YouTube video with all my raps, which was My closing sessions, which gained more views than almost any other video. The hundreds of millions of views had me rapping."

So maybe next year he'll find a whole new "community" to be a part of next awards time.

Machine Gun Kelly accepts the honor for Favorite Rock Artist at the 2022 American Music Awards

10 rock + metal bands with the most die-hard fan bases

They take "Stan" to a new level.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments