Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Meechy Darko calls up a Surreal Studio session with RZA


exclusive -

Michi Darko He has a lot of experience working with RZA as part of Flatbush zombiesand explaining how it is not a surreal affair.

sitting with HipHopDXthe Brooklyn native, who released his debut solo album, Gothic luxuryIn August, he said the studio sessions with Wu Tang clan The legend always lives up to the hype, but it still feels weird to ask Bobby Digital what he thinks about some things or know things about him.

"It was just what I thought it was going to be," Michie Darko explained. “It was weird though when he was talking and saying my name and talking to me and knowing bad things about me. That would always be a little bit annoying.”

"He broke my head a little bit because I grew up listening to RZA and watching those n-ggas. That, I'm not really used to it. Every time I get on the phone with him or see him, I'm like, 'Damn, that's RZA, that's crazy.'" I remember listening to these n-ggas as a kid."

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJidLdiGEoQ[/embed]

Meechy Darko also explained how RZA exudes humility when it comes to asking his opinion on the creative process of their collaboration.

He said, "Just hearing him want to know what our opinion is and what our thoughts are, like picking at our brains." It's not so much, 'I'm a legend, come into the room with me and learn something. It's more like, 'Let me ask you a question?' ... It's a collaboration."

The classic Meechy Darko Bodies beat Pharoahe Monch in Funk Flex Freestyle

The only regret Michi has is that he couldn't play against RZA in a chess match while they were together.

in addition to Their work with RZAMichie said Flatbush Zombies has about 40 songs in its stashsome of which were produced by James Blake.

"Let's just say totally between the shit we did with RZA, the shit we did with James Blake, the shit we did with ourselves, maybe 40 songs," he said. "If you see me, I don't know. It's 40, maybe four next time. I don't know."

Meechy Darko is currently on the road with Joey Bada$$ As support work in the European part of 2000 Rapper tour. They will invade the UK, Switzerland, Germany and more in the coming weeks.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments