Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

6 mindful tips for a stress-free vacation


I say it every year once Thanksgiving arrives: How are we already in the holiday season? As I write this, it's early December and... Holiday party invitations roll over. Today I received a save date for my New Years Eve party. Yesterday, I was asked to join Cookie exchange group (A bold move considering I'm a terrible baker). And I haven't even thought about putting up the tree yet.

With more on my plate than ever before, I'm taking a more relaxed and caring approach to holidays and letting go. Perfection Sit in the back seat for once. my only goal? For the people in my life to feel seen and appreciated. Plus, I want to make sure that what I love most about the holidays—connecting, celebrating, giving back, joy, and comforting—is present and woven throughout.

Here are 6 ways to stay sober and keep the holiday stress-free this season.

Featured image by Michelle Nash.

More people, fewer gatherings

Anyone else's calendar full of holiday parties, family gatherings, and events? It got to the point where I started organizing dinner parties in January so as not to overbook. This year, instead of trying to squeeze everything in, I make myself available for 1-2 nights centered around a holiday event in town and invite as many friends as possible to meet up there. (Bonus points for family-friendly events so they don't have to find a babysitter.) This approach makes my calendar less stressful, and I get to see more friends as well as get new ones together.

Giving less, giving more

No matter the time or season, I love buy gifts for the people I love. And while that won't necessarily change, rather than contribute to a lot of extra waste, risk giving a friend something they might not like or need, or emphasize the appropriate gift, I take the approach of donating to an organization I know my friend or family member would love. And they share a sweet note about why I chose the organization for them.

Michelle Nash's photo

Clear my January calendar

Much like my approach to making plans for the day before any trip and the day after, I would scan my calendar for the first 10 days of January. I've done this for years and it makes getting back to work and a social life feel really great when I don't have back-to-back plans on the books. The 10-day block gives me space to set my priorities and ease back into the schedule.

asking for help

Like many, I find it difficult to ask for help. It's rooted in the fact that I couldn't understand anyone teasing me — especially during this time of year. But I know how good it feels to help others, and I'm choosing to rely on it this year. I often get a text or message asking if i need anything from the grocery store and i usually always do. It's amazing how a small gesture from a friend or family member can save me an entire hour or more.

Michelle Nash's photo

Prioritize sleep

Life hack: get Good rest It will lead to a clearer mind, a more relaxed state, and you will literally feel less stressed thanks to lower cortisol levels. We talk a lot about sleep here, but since the holiday season demands more of my time and energy, I find I need it now more than ever. It always feels like a crazy rush until Christmas Day, and knowing I'll be back home to be with my family, I want to feel refreshed and present for the time I get to be with them.

Make time for me

Between my many commitments and gatherings, I need a lot of personal time to recharge. This seems to start my morning on the road, Get a little movement while traveling, and excuse myself while on a trip to see a show alone or grab a cup of coffee alone for a change of scenery. It is important to give yourself time to be. I have a tendency to move through life and experiences quickly. Anytime I can slow down, I find I am more present, relaxed, and happy.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments