Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

My simple hack for crunchy roasted sweet potatoes


Our love for sweet potatoes knows no bounds. We stuffed them with it kale and chickpeassmashed and Throw them on the grillAnd I topped them off Feta cheese and a drizzle of hot honey. And just when I thought I couldn't put another twist on my favorite vegetable, I stumbled upon a simple yet game-changing new technique that turns out the most crunchy roasted sweet potato I've ever tasted.

How to make perfectly roasted sweet potatoes

Here's how to achieve that. Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise, rub it with oil and salt, and then roast it face down on a tray lined with aluminum foil. So far, that's pretty straightforward, right? I've long since halved sweet potatoes when I need to cut roasting time in half. But the trick comes After, after You remove the soft sweet potato entirely from the oven.

In a large cast iron skillet, heat a little butter and honey (if you like). Sear the sweet potato, cut-side down, until you get the caramelization, sweetness, and nuttyness of that brown butter. This method ramps up flavor and texture, turning a basic baked sweet potato into a dinner-worthy dish.

How to Serve Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes

There are some tips and tricks that will take your flavor to the next level. To make this a one-dish meal, I'm liberal with my layering of toppings. This creates a good mix of protein and healthy fats that make sweet potatoes filling enough for a meal. For it, I added servings of full-fat Greek yogurt, chunks of avocado, a bit of each spice, a drizzle of lemon juice, and sriracha. Then I finish with a shower of whatever tender herbs I have on hand. Cilantro, basil, parsley, and mint are all solid sticks.

Tips for making these delicious roasted sweet potatoes

These crunchy roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect canvas for creativity. I love to go crazy with whatever class I crave. Black beans, crumbled bacon, goat cheese, sautéed veggies, even finely chopped cooked cauliflower—they're all great additions. I've had a lot of questions from you lately Adapting recipes for children. This dinner is a delicious, nutrient-dense option that everyone will love.

I usually make a sweet potato bar with a few different toppings in little bowls. Everyone gets their own cooked potato and whatever topping they like. If Henry wants to add a little more butter and salt, that's fine. He's still getting plenty of nutrients from the sweet potato itself, I'm not worried.

Go to the recipe! And don't forget to tick @tweet And leave a review below if you've tried it.

This post was originally published on January 13, 2021, and has since been updated.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments