Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Toosii Talks Boys Don't Cry New EP And His Relationship To Fame


exclusive -

tussy He was going through changes. The North Carolina rapper had a stellar performance in 2021, and he's not only considered HipHopDX Rising Star But it has over a billion streams and earned his first RIAA Billboard for his debut single "Love Cycle".

This was followed by a sold-out tour, and even he raise the price of its advantage, But along with the success came the invasive nature of the celebrity stature, which Tosi hated. Before the release of the latest version of EP Boys do not Crydenounced fame in a a sincere message to him He said he wished he'd kept his music to himself. With the new EP out in the world, HipHopDX Toosii asked if those sentiments had changed at all.

“I don’t know, brother,” he said, “I take it day in and day out.” "It's a lot, but at the same time people love me. I can't stop being who I am because of this part of her. I just have to accept it for what it is. As long as it's love, I don't falter."

Boys do not Cry As a response to his troubled relationship with the limelight. On his single "Love Is...", Toosii stated, "Cryin" to everyone else, I got no help from anyone, I feel like I'm on my own. "

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEuqt19Uhs[/embed]

“As a man, we have always been taught to be tough and not to be vulnerable,” Tosi said. "As men, it's about being able to be vulnerable and open to our feelings and be understood. Every day I walk out of my house feeling like I can't walk outside with my head down, and I can't show any pity or any emotion. That's what the EP title was all about. ".

Toosii went on to say that the EP was also about "having fun again," which is an odd way to describe such a poor record. In the opening song "Hey Now!" , which Toosii shot freely in his car, he combined the song with nothing more than a piano as he pondered the pros and cons of success.

By "fun," Toosii meant the album was relaxing to record, a therapeutic portal that gave him permission to let his guard down at last.

“The thing is, I make fun of the recordings, brother,” said Tosi, “and I never dropped them.” "Records where I talk a bit of crap, I never want to get it down. When I get to the studio, I feel like I'm in a completely different world. When I'm sitting at home, or being around fans, I'm in a different light. But when I'm in the studio, it's Just...Holy. I feel like I can say anything I want."

Talk about the cover art in the EP, which depicts a person sitting under a dead tree while crows perch on its rotting branches.

“When I created the European Parliament I was in a real weakness,” Tosi said. “Canada inside felt empty. So I called my graphic designer and we sat all night designing this. We were on the phone probably from 8pm until 4am just to design this art.”

As for the person under the tree, Tosi said it was him, and that the drawing was born from a picture someone took of him in the fetal position while on the road. When asked why he was in the fetal position, he simply said, "Because the car was small as hell."

As the new Toosii EP gains momentum, ("Love Is..." currently has over seven million streams on Spotify), DX The rising star hit the road again last week Road Wave Maria is a scientist for a tour of the beautiful mind that Launched On November 11th in Minneapolis. He also renewed his EP as Boys don't cry: men doBy adding five new songs to the project. Eagle fans have also noticed that Toosii has been spending quite a bit of time lately In the studio with Futurewhich Tosi called "the street drake".

“Being in the studio with someone like Future you have to absorb the game and the knowledge,” Toosii said. When asked if it's ever intimidating to share studio space with some idols, Toosii was confident yet honest.

He replied, "Nah, because I grew up with idols." “My genres were my brother and my father. I never worshiped anyone else outside of them. I worshiped the people I loved and the people I was with every day. So I was never the type to worship outside of my home. But being around these successful and hardworking artists is a different feeling. It shows you how successful you are if you keep your head down.”

HipHopDX Rising Stars 2022: Top 10 New Rappers Building Their Empire

As for studio sessions with Future, Toosii couldn't provide any further details at this time.

"Listen, man," he said, "there's something special coming out of that." “I am excited for people to hear that. God is good.”


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments