Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Falling in Iguazu: Can You Believe the Hype?


Every traveler, blog, tour company, or even your neighbor's dog says Iguazu Falls (or Iguazu Falls, or Iguazu Falls) is a must-see when traveling to Brazil or Argentina. Nobody believes the hype, I wondered if it was really worth a visit or just an overrated tourist trap? Now that I've stood and marveled at the gushing torrents myself, I can honestly say that Iguazu Falls is worth 1000% of the trip.

iguassu pic

Yes the tourist parks and shops are expensive but it is a prime destination because it is One of the most incredible things you will ever see! why? For example, it has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its exceptional natural beauty, but if that is not reason enough, then I have a few more.

The largest waterfall system in the world

Iguassu is an agglomeration of about 281 individual waterfalls! (At least that's what the bus tells you.) Basically, think of all the waterfalls you've ever seen in your life and then imagine them side by side. Even this will only give you a small sample of real enormity.

iguassu pic

Rich biodiversity and wildlife habitat

Being a national park, there is a huge variety of wildlife to be seen such as plush jays in the air, caterpillars and Argentinian black and white tegus on land, black capuchin monkeys in the trees, and yacare caiman in the water. A lot of it gets used to humans and doesn't tend to run away, which makes for really great photos and memories. A word of caution though, be sure to keep a respectful distance as they can still be wild and will protect themselves from harm.

iguassu pic

Easy access for everyone

All Iguassu Falls hiking trails feature access points. No matter your level of movement, you can enjoy the gorgeous scenery just like everyone else along the way. The majority of the trails are built flat with planks or metal frames, so there is no hiking involved.

iguassu pic
iguassu pic

Walk along the falls

In my opinion, this is the most pleasant reason to visit Iguazu. You will likely get soaked from all the steam generated by the massive volumes of water rushing in from the Iguazu River. And I mean huge sizes. Dare I say it? It will be completely foggy.

iguassu pic

At this point I might have persuaded you to go to Iguassu? If you are a solo traveler like me, you might also be wondering if you can do it alone or do you need a tour? Yes, you can do it on your own, but after reflecting on my recent experience, I definitely recommend joining a tour instead. why? Here are my top reasons:

Your logistics are covered

I watched the falls on my own from both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides and managed to get lost both times, missed the bus, and had a bit of Spanish for help.

iguassu pic

You get more educational opportunities

Joining a tour helps you get to know the area and what to see. Any questions I had were left unanswered when I went on my own because there were few media boards to offer insights and they were only on the Argentinian side.

iguassu pic

You'll enjoy a compact companion

I travel on my own a lot, it's my main way of seeing the world. Iguassu is one of those rare places where I wish I had a fellow traveler to share its sheer splendor with. This feeling was completely new to me because I'm so comfortable exploring on my own, which is why I bring it up. Joining a tour automatically gives you another person to enjoy the moment and enjoy all the great things you're experiencing.

iguassu pic

Basically, whether you are a seasoned solo traveler or traveling in a group, a visit to Iguassu is totally worth it. And I can safely say that you'll get the most out of it by doing it as part of a small group tour.


Heading over there

Eager to take Dina's well-earned advice and join us beside the thundering Iguazu Falls? Here are some of our top tour suggestions:

Iguazu and beyond
Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro: Falls & Footy
Andes, Iguazu and beyond


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments