Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Fashion Week: Scott Ksock


Scott Sock Fashion Week

"There was a very short period of time when everyone was dressed all in black and I got involved," he says. Scott KsukAn artist from New York who records his daily events All my clothes are gay. “But I couldn't do it. Wearing black just drained everything out of me. When I wear bright colors, I trick myself into feeling out and excited.” And they aren't afraid to mix and match. "People get so caught up in things like 'This color doesn't work this season' or 'You shouldn't be wearing this color and that together.' But those rules aren't real! I don't know who started those things, but it just isn't true." Here, Scott shares five daily looks...

Scott Sock Fashion Week

jacket: vintage, similar. skirt: Cezanne. T-shirt: J.Crew (not available), similar. Socks: Los Angeles apparel. shoes: Sam Edelman.

"In high school, my style was boring. I lived in a town in Virginia that wasn't super progressive or open to the idea of ​​anything outside of heterosexuality. It was hard for me to even think about the way I wanted to look or dress, let alone "Doing it. But in college, I started to discover myself. After that, I moved to New York and played with clothes and finally let myself do my thing. I stopped liberating myself. It took a long time for me to convince myself that this was okay."

Scott Sock Fashion Week

"There's something great about taking a classic style and tweaking it. I'm into the '50s cheerleader vibe, like long, pleated skirts. I love anything bright; at home, I collect lettucewareAnd the Staffordshire TerriersAnd the ginghamAnd the Mercury glassAnd the John Derian Decoupage. I take care of my clothes and my home, but I don't treat my things as so precious that I don't wear or use them. “If it feels good, it’s true,” said Dorothy Draper, a famous interior designer, “and I feel that way about my clothes, too.”

Dress: Kika Vargas x Target (No longer available through Target but you You can find it used). summit: Claire F. stockings: & other stories. shoes: tomorrow. Pearls: Clare V. (No longer available, however smaller size.) Pouch: Claire F. similar or similar.

"Designer Claire Phifer and Crystal @tweet They both do something similar: They put different things together that wouldn't make sense if you saw them on a shelf or laid on your bed. But when they wear it, it's like, Oh, yeah, that's how you're supposed to wear it. I have a lot of style icons—Iris Apfel, Fran Lebowitz, SZA, Charles Nelson Riley, Carol Channing, Lady Gaga, Marc Jacobs—and love anything Christopher John Rogers Make. I'm into exaggerated pieces, sequins, and color blocking. I hate to think that there is some limit to what is proper or thought, I can't wear that. "

Scott Sock Fashion Week

Jacket: Claire F. Skirt: J.Crew (no longer available), similar. scarf: John Derian. Socks: Los Angeles apparel shoes: naturalizer, similar.

“I love androgyny, question mark gender. Labels are not personally important to me, but I know they help others understand me. More importantly, my pronouns are not he/him; I use them/them. Being non-binary, I don't feel bound by expectations about What it means to be a man or a woman.

“I work in retail, and I love going to stores. Most of the time, I don't buy anything, I just want to see what's going on. The idea of ​​a store as an experiment has fallen by the wayside, but there are a few places that make it exciting when you set foot inside.” The Gucci store in Soho is very pretty, and the Tory Burch store is cohesive and classic.I was going to Alex Mill Recently, and also love Ralph Lauren Stores. I think I'm the last person of my generation still shopping in stores! "

Scott Sock Fashion Week

jumpsuit: Alex Mill. jacket: vintage, similar. Watch: Breda. Rings: myansai (not on site), similar. Bracelet: Clare V. (Not on the website, but there is Lots of gorgeous gold bangles). shoes: Sam Edelman.

"When I first started showing my art, I was met by someone who kept referring to me as a gay artist. It was kind of annoying because I wasn't making art about the experience of being gay and I felt like I was being put up with. I hate feeling like I'm only allowed to do or I be one thing. I mean, do you know what "straight art" looks like? Since then, I was obsessed with the idea of ​​what makes something gay and what people consider gay.. "

Scott Sock Fashion Week

"Shoes are hard because I like women's shoes but I wear a size 12. I have These heels are from J. Crew And I love the height. Sometimes I buy two colors of the same shoe and wear one in each. People are staying away from it."

dress: & other stories. Socks: COS. bodysuit: & other stories. Jacket: uniqlo. shoes: naturalizer, similar. hat: Claire F. jewelry: Claire F. scarf: procession, similar.

"Putting together a look is like setting up a painting; you have to get the whole composition right. I've always been drawn to bags, but for a while I didn't allow myself to explore them. Once I got past that, it was like a Pandora's box. What I like about it Clare V bags. It is not boring. They have brilliant shapes or green skin. Silk scarves are also great. He was my favorite scarf wearer Dr. Birx from early press conferences on COVID".

"I've been very lucky because I haven't had a lot of criticism or hate for the way I dress. Earlier this year, I was walking down the street and this guy came up to me. I was thinking, Well, what will happen? Will this person be nice or rude? He was in his fifties and he told me a story about his younger sister who was made fun of at school because she was gay. She would always tell the kids who bullied her, "I'm going to get my brother!" He said he just wanted to protect and take care of her. He told me, "Don't let anyone tell you who you are." People like me don't get much positive appreciation from strangers for how they present themselves; He restored my faith in humanity."

Thanks a lot for sharing, Scott. We love you.

note More people share their fashion weeksIncluding A journalist who loves to mix colors And the The photographer who discovered tiny clothes.

(photo Christine Hahn for a cup of joe.)

Note: If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we really like. Thank you so much.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments