Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Hip-Hop Director and Music Group Film Exec Dies - Billboard


Jonathan "Hovain" Hylton, who was recently honored as one of the painting's 2022 R&B/Hip-Hop Power PlayersDie.

“It is with great regret that we send a message to all family, friends and colleagues that Jonathan “Hoffin” Hilton passed away while at his home on Friday, November 25th. He was a loving and devoted father, husband, son, brother and proud Brooklyn representative,” read statement Posted on Saturday (November 26th) on verified social media accounts for Hilton.

The statement continued, “We would like to thank all of his close friends for all the love and support you have shown during this difficult time. We ask that you all continue to keep his family in your prayers and respect their privacy at this time.”

The cause of death was not disclosed.

Friday morning, it was Hilton last tweet"Good morning and thank God for another day," a message he conveyed to the world daily.

Hylton, a Brooklyn native who was VP of Cinematic Music Group, is named alongside Jonnyshipes founder in R&B/THIS YEARHip Hop List of power players.

"I've always prided myself on being a good person and a hard worker. I wasn't big on awards. The way I got into this game was the indie route, so I always knew being too keen on politics wasn't going to help me. But it's nice to be recognized as one of Billboard's strong players to My brother and @jonnyshipes side,” Hilton wrote. on instagram is november. 17. He added, “I think the biggest lesson is that you don't have to be corny or do corny things — to be recognized. Just be a good person and do your work and God will make the rest happen in his time.”

Throughout his career, Hylton has managed projects for notable New York rappers including Cam'ron, Styles P, and Lloyd Banks, and alongside Jonnyshipes at Cinematic Music Group has worked with artists including T-Pain and Flipp Dinero.

Hilton was also a professor at Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn, where he taught "The Business of Music," an eight-week course that offers students in-depth knowledge about publishing deals, business careers needed for artist success, and more.

"It's a wonderful opportunity to come from where I come from and to be asked to teach at such a wonderful institute," Hilton said Tell painting In 2021, when the course was launched. To share my love of music with young minds looking to learn [will be a great experience]. "

The music community mourned Hilton's death on Saturday.

“Maaannnn we lost my brother in drip @hovain I love you my brother you have shown nothing but love and positivity. My condolences to your family,” wrote Fat Joe on instagram. "Till we meet again RIP."

"Fuck you... rest... appreciate your knowledge and positive energy... God bless your family with peace. Love and light from my family to you. Long live Hovain wrote." on Twitter.

Hoven just bumped into me about doing some music with Lloyd Banks, "Hit Boy." chirp. "May God bless his family."


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments