Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Sunday rituals to start your week on the best note


My motto recently was simple: Do a little. This backwards approach can be a struggle at times because my brain is constantly repeating the opposite. It tells me that nothing is ever quite right, and that I need to work harder to get things "just right."

For me, this shift toward less work is especially apparent on Sundays. I used to consider Sunday a success only if I cleaned the whole house, from top to bottom. Now, I'm taking a much gentler approach to preparing our house and myself for the week ahead.

Today I'm sharing my Sunday rituals now - and I want to start with a few!

The beauty of these rituals is that they are all compact and easily accessible. This means that if a bad Sunday happens to me and I don't get any of it done, I can easily handle it the next day and get back on track.

Sunday rituals that start each week on the best note

1. Practice gratitude.

Before bed, I like to jot down a simple list of ten things I am grateful for in my life. Just one word, no sentences. This helps put everything into perspective before the busy week begins. It's especially helpful if I'm thinking about something or worrying about things I can't control.

2. Up to 15-30 minutes of movement.

These days, the workout mantra is a lot different than it used to be: I did, not perfect. For me, it's about moving myself and getting a little sweaty—it doesn't have to get any more complicated than that. I created a workout schedule for myself that keeps the approach really simple. I generally aim for 15-30 minutes of movement, including Sundays. It has become a habit to get up and do it.

3. Tidy up the areas that need it most.

Instead of tasking myself with cleaning the house every Sunday like I used to, my Sunday routine centers around checking in with myself about areas in particular that cause me stress and just addressing them. This past Sunday I realized our master bathroom had gotten out of control. I spent fifteen minutes cleaning it up and tidying it up and I felt so much better after that fact.

4. Plan for the next week.

Although I don't actively do this every Sunday at the moment, I'm dying to get back into the habit! Taking the time to purposefully plan for the week ahead is something most of us can benefit from. This kind of planning helps clear up the big tasks and projects for the week ahead—both at work and in my personal life. This way, even if the week gets hectic and busy, I'm able to keep my top priorities top of mind.

5. Do a little meal planning.

I hate having to make a last minute decision on what to have for dinner - something that has unfortunately become more and more popular lately. To get to a place where it doesn't happen often, I really want to get back into the habit of planning meals on Sundays! I know this will save money And the stress all week.

What rituals do you do every Sunday? Which one would you like to implement?


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments