Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

12 simple upgrades for the frustrating things we keep putting up with


Actually worthy solutions.

Thanks Brio for partnering with us and delivering Primer reads the Zero Blade supplement for free ($25) when you buy Beardscape.


My dad has always pushed Work smarter, not harder quote. He did go a little overboard at times (I still tease him about the "correct" way to rewind the vacuum cord), but the lesson was off, and I now consider myself a very pragmatic guy as a result. Maybe that's why I tell my literature students to stop using twelve words when you do seven. the problem with Work smarter, not harder is that it's often a matter of trial and error: I have to try several hard ways until I find the smart one. The last thing I want is for everyone to go through the same ordeal if they don't have to.

And in order to save everyone a little time, here are twelve solutions to annoying problems you might have.

Your beautiful leather goods are cracking

obenaufs leather case

When I was in college, I picked up a leather messenger bag. Handmade in Italy by a single artisan from start to finish, BEAUTIFUL: Sixteen years later, I still carry that bag to work every day, and it's now starting to show its age. My secret weapon? Obenhauf leather softener.

If you want to keep your leather bag (or shoes, jacket, or chair) from cracking, rub a light coat of Obenhauf on it with your fingers, let it sit for an hour, then give it a light polish with a microfiber cloth. For best results, leave the item to soak in overnight to ensure it is fully absorbed.

Facial hair is a pain to maintain

brio beardscape v2 zero code
Brio Birdscape 2 with Free blade attachment For Primer readers

A month ago I decided to grow my beard for the first time. After a few weeks, I had some decent growth, but it was starting to look brittle to say the least. I stopped at walmart and bought a $27 beard trimmer with a few attachments. I took it home, fired it, nope. Back in the box. I've said before that I believe in Cry once Philosophy, so I'm not sure why I thought I'd be okay with buying something cheap that goes against my damn face.

If you are considering growing facial hair or already have it, you need to Decent beard trimmer. And the trimmer is one of those things you get for what you pay for.

View Brio Birdscape v2

We love Brio Beardscape Trimmer v2 For several reasons.

1. One of the most annoying aspects of trimmers is that they come with 18 different attachments. The V2 allows you to dial the length you want directly on the trimmer Itself, which keeps guard enclosures to a minimum. 2. If you have a thick beard, you need a trimmer with a powerful motor to trim it, and the V2 motor is powered at 5-7k RPMs with a ceramic blade that is sharper than steel. 3. The V2 has design features other brands haven't thought of yet, like a display that shows your speed and battery life and a travel lock so you never run out of battery in your bag (and the TSA won't look like it's...something else in your bag). 4. The V2 has a two-year warranty, which covers even the plastic protectors.

Brio Zero Blade

If you need extra precision for ultra-fine cuts or want tight preforms, Brio offers the Zero Blade, an optional accessory that can be machined to 0.2mm length. Brio offers Primer readers a Free Zero Blade when you order Beardscape V2.

Start winning the war on pet hair

A robotic vacuum sweeps pet hair while the dog sleeps

Well, to be fair, I love her and she loves me. But her hair is annoying sometimes, and if you have pets (especially if you have a husky or an Akita), you know what I'm talking about. And while it might hurt the wallet for a minute, it's very hard to beat the daily contribution of robot vacuum.

The first generation of robotic vacuums were fairly primitive (even if they were cutting edge at the time). Today, it is not realistic what those can do. Vacuum, mop, keep a schedule, connect to your wifi, control your phone, and empty themselves. If you're anything like me, you've been through enough fast pads to know that you can't keep up without a little negative help.

You only have two hands

more tabletop

With three little girls, she becomes the best fixer of toys and dolls. The problem with fixing small things is that it's very difficult to keep them still and properly apply super glue (or hot glue, or small screws, etc.). At least once a week, I go out to the garage carrying something that I still have with me more.

A vise is one of those tools that you don't realize you need until you use it for the first time...and then you can't stop using it. Imagine that you are trying to fix something small and you actually have the full use of both hands - yes, that fact can be yours. Don't have a garage or workbench? Get more that can be attached to your countertop.

Your floor mats suck

They leave you covered with snowshoes

If you live in the East, you know we're entering a pretty slushy and snowy season. It's the time of year when the outside of your car is covered in salt slicks, and the interior is filled with muddy boot prints and baby tissues. If you want to maintain a semi-decent interior, consider investing in it All-weather mats.

Most can be cut to fit your home, and when it gets gross, just hose it off. Do you want to go for the custom upgrade? spring l weathertec.

There is no outlet where you need one

Extension cord reel

I have an old house, and while I'm lucky to have a garage, there are only two outlets in the entire damned space. Dude... I need more options than that, and let's be honest, regular extension cords are a pain in the ass. A few years ago my dad got me this Extension cord reel, and I've never looked back. It's mounted to my garage wall, and wherever I need power, I get it. And when I'm done, it automatically winds back onto the spool.

I know this may sound like an unnecessary luxury, but when you've spent five hours on a two-hour project (No honey, this will only take 2 hours) Having a cord that cleans itself is a well deserved perk.

My down jacket is no longer down

Dryer balls next to the bag

One of my colleagues recently complained that her down jacket didn't have the puff and stuff it used to. It's true that after ten years any sweater or down jacket will lose its loft, but there's an easy maintenance step you can take along the way: Dryer balls.

listen to me. Dryer sheets are wax-coated sheets that disperse the wax onto your clothes when the dryer heats up. Yes, this eliminates static electricity, but it also makes your clothes more flammable and puts unnecessary chemicals on your skin. Dryer balls are made of wool, they soften your clothes and reduce static naturally, and they are environmentally friendly. It can give new life to your undergarments.

Put your jacket or jacket in the dryer with 4-6 dryer balls, and run it on cold for an hour. Flipping the dryer and hitting the balls will inflate your lower body.

Minimize the constant distraction of the phone, while still being accessible

A man using an Apple Watch on his wrist

Two facts for any project I start: 1. It's going to take longer than I plan on, and 2. Some extra time is going to be spent procrastinating on my phone. I don't think the answer to that is to get rid of my iPhone, but I do think I need to let it go more. Simple solution: wear Apple Watch.

Yeah, it's great that it can read my heart rate, track my sleep, and all that jazz. But at the end of the day, a smartwatch lets you get the most important benefit of your phone, call and text notifications, without the distractions of social media and other scrolling apps. house project? smart watch. Cut the grass? smart watch. Playing with my kids or spending time with my wife? No phone, no watch, period.

Stop killing your plants

Planta app on iPhone

My wife has turned our house into a little vegetable garden, and if I'm being honest, it's very cute. There is just something about having houseplants that add warmth and a calming effect to your atmosphere.

The problem is, these plants are very expensive...and they die if you don't know how to take care of them. Instead of relying on your neighbor who swears he's a green thumb, just get on Planta application.

Planta lets you upload the plants in your home, and then it'll tell you when to water them, how much light they need, and if they appear to be dying, Planta will help you devise a treatment plan to get them back on track. It's a premium app with three price tiers, but when you're done losing money on dead plants, it's a definite upgrade. Think of it like healthcare for your housemates.

Nobody wants an overcooked steak

Wireless steak thermometer

It never fails... I blow $45 at the grocery store because I'm going to get my wife surf and turf, but then I get distracted by the surf, and the turf is over. Sorry Sweetie.

You've tried a timer, you've tried the thumb trick (if you know, you know), and you know which one works best? thermometer. Honestly guys, there's no shame in sticking a thermometer in your eye so you know when it's done. A simple one like this is It will give you an instant read. But the real upgrade is the go-to Wireless bluetooth thermometer that you can read on your phone.

Put this in the steak and leave it there throughout the cooking process. This way you can get real-time information on the cooking process (up to 500 feet from the grill or kitchen). Medium rarity has never been so easy.

Keep the dog off the couch

The sofa is jostling on the couch while a dog is lying nearby

Like I said, I have a big dog. I also have a little dog...a cat...and my daughter has a gecko. It's too much. The point is, the last thing I need is for animals to rest on the furniture while I'm at work all day. The couch is mine. dog bed for you.

So how do you keep the furniture pet-free while you're not around? snap a Scram sofa mat. Spread this mat on the couch, and as soon as your dog or cat jumps up, the mat makes a loud, alarming sound. No shocks, no chemicals, no damage. And no stinky sofa.

Cut the ropes

Belkin 3 in 1 charger

My wife and I have our own iPads, iPhones, and Airpods, and each of our three daughters has an Amazon tablet. There's so much wire in our house, it looks like a damn Radio Shack in its prime. The problem is not the ropes themselves. It's aesthetic. Like seriously, is there comfortable And the An attractive place to plug all of this stuff in? number.

One place I particularly care about is my nightstand. I already have way too many books, a lamp, and my glasses in there—and I also don't need seven charging cables.

I love the Belkin Magsev The charger, which allows you to charge your iPhone, Airpods, and Apple Watch all at once. And it actually looks nice with its simple aesthetics as well as eliminating a couple of ropes that would have fallen off my nightstand every day.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments