Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

A Disabled Paramore fan shared an account of her singing on stage with the band


As many fans know by now, Paramore You have "Misery of Business" is back for their groups on this tour after previously remove it. With the group currently out on tour, they've also been inviting fans to the stage to sing along to the track, often marking fan days in the process. Such was the case for 23-year-old actress and artist Makayla Smith, also with a disability, who recently joined the band's Atlanta performance at the Tabernacle, and then shared what that special moment meant to her via social media.

As can be seen in the video below, fans were picked from the audience and McKayla took the call on stage, with some assistance by Paramore security, who helped lift her from the pit area and bring her safely to the stage with walkers. . This moment moved many crowd with the singer Hayley Williams coming to hug her as well as one of her fellow "singers" pulled from the audience.

A longtime Paramore fan, Smith was visibly excited, screaming when she was called to the stage, later describing it as "the best night of my entire life." The moment was also spontaneous, as she would later reveal, explaining that had she known the moment was coming she would have been ready to express to Williams what she means to her and the band.

Instead, she wrote a heartfelt message via her Instagram, highlighting the welcoming nature she has always felt from the Paramore community as the band has always put accessibility first with fans. Read Makila's message to the group in full below.

The love of my life is Paramore. I've been a fan of Paramore for at least 11 years now (I may be earlier). And I've been going to their concerts since I was 13 years old. I am 23 years old now. If you would tell me a little bit that almost 12 years later I would have been singing on stage with my favorite band?!?! I would never have believed you. The band that's been with me through it all??!?! I never thought I would be picked on in the misery of business. If I had known this would happen, I would have written them a letter to give it to them. The message was supposed to say something along the lines of, "Thank you for sharing your art and your heart with the world. I know you're not perfect (ie, Idle Worship lol). In fact, it's your willingness to be open about the flaws and vulnerabilities that make us feel seen. This It's what sets Paramore apart. Your candor about your struggles - with mental health, heart, identity, community, etc. - makes us feel understood. We feel like someone else is getting it. Your art helps us get through our own struggles and hard times. One of the reasons I love Paramore's music So deeply is that it always seems like a way of venting. It allows us to scream, vent, cry, rage, dance, and love freely. It is a way of expression. It is the roar in my chest whenever I sing one of your songs; It is ringing to the bone and more...family. It has It got me to so many places and I've made so many amazing friends through Paramore. It's a community like no other. It's so full of love and passion. You'll always feel at home. Paramore will always be the love of my life. So thank you for your art. We're all better because of that.

Check out stills captured of this special moment for McKayla below.

@employee Paramore I've seen you more times than I can count! You always make one hell of a show but this might by far be my favorite ♥️ #atl # dark # Paramore #retweet # Paramoretic Talk # mark_photo ♬ original sound - mik
@employee This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me nothing is going to be on top!!!!!! # Paramore #this is the reason #Hayley Williams # hateful business # Taylor York #zacfaro ♬ original sound - dreamwithoutreason

Paramore is currently wrapping up their 2022 tour. Be sure to get your tickets to see them live over here.

Ranked all Paramore songs


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments