Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

A week in Ohau | Justina Blakeney


View from Waimea Falls Park and Botanical Gardens

I just got back from vacation in Oahu with my family. We spent the week on the beaches on the North Shore, climbing wild hills, eating from food trucks, playing games and decompressing. We even tried browse for the first time. It was a very nice and wonderful trip to reconnect with nature and spend some quality time with the people I love. Below, some shots from our trails through Waimea Falls & Botanical Gardens and a long walk we took.


I am a *very slow* hiker, and while hiking I enjoy pausing frequently to take pictures, researching colors, shapes, and patterns that inspire my design work. (You can learn more about the "foraging" exercise in my book "Jungalow: Decorate Wild" :)


At this hike, I collected some foliage and fallen objects. When I got back to the hotel, I created some posters that highlight the different colors, patterns, shapes, and textures. The dotted sheets are my favorite! They are spores on the leaves, which are reproductive structures (a type of seed).



Of course, I had to #Face While I was in it...

I'm with my nieces, Noah and Stella

Ida and my nephew Moses are like shrimp

Family, including the youngest of the crew, my niece Betty


I hope these pictures bring a little joy and inspiration to your day. with my love

JB


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments