Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Favorite and least favorite Elton John style moments


Elton John is making his vast style archives available to the public, with a little help from 21st century technology. In November, the "Rocket Man" singer debuted "Elton John Presents: Beyond the yellow brick road,” an interactive virtual reality universe on the Roblox gaming platform. As part of the immersive experience, fans can experience his best style moments and add his iconic outfits — like his iconic, rhinestone-encrusted Dodgers Stadium uniform — to their personal wardrobes.

In a Q&A with POPSUGAR, John, 75, reflected on several of his most memorable fashion moments, like his rainbow feather suit from Kingsman: The Golden Circle. He also revealed a fashion trend he hopes to never see again and shared his best fashion tip for A certain famous friend.

John's six-decade career has produced countless performance appearances. And just like his prolific repertoire, his collections have had a huge impact on pop culture. Glitter, star and everything bejeweled - that sense of individuality is unparalleled in all of John's apparel. "I don't pay much attention to trends," he told POPSUGAR. “I wear what I like and what makes me feel good.”

"I used to wear denim in the early '70s, and I absolutely hate denim now."

to John, who recently released his single "Hold Me Closer" with Britney SpearsFashion is about self-expression, which he demonstrates through off-stage Gucci tracksuits, elaborate headpieces, and tailored suits when in front of thousands of fans.

“Oh, I guess I will always adore the giant feather suit from The Muppets and a movie called Kingsman,” he says, adding that Lil Nas X had a rare opportunity to don the look during an Uber Eats joint ad. . "I mean, it's totally impractical, and I always remember having feathers in my mouth when I sang, but it carried over as a look, and I don't think a lot of people have ever emulated it or tried to imitate it."

While not everyone can easily put together showcasing collections from experts, John's virtual reality world — which he created with the help of LGBTQ+ designers like Jenni Svoboda and Samuel Jordan after hearing about Roblox from his two sons — gives fashionistas a place to be newly inspired.

"Throughout my career, I've been interested in finding new ways for fans to discover music and new ways to interact with people around the world," he says. "It's an endless creative platform and it allows fans and creators to be exactly themselves, as flamboyant or down to earth as they want to be. It just felt so much like me."

LONDON - 1987: Elton John is in London for his 40th birthday party.  (Photo by Dave Hogan/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Image source: Getty/Dave Hogan/Hulton Archives

When John first began his career in the 1970s, his sense of style was inspired by the Americana movement and his love of musicians such as The Band. While he often wears denim suits, John says he'll be glad to never see the fabric again. "I used to wear denim in the early '70s, and I absolutely hate denim now," he says. "I hate it - please just uninstall it."

"I always told him he was wearing boring suits! And I was right."

But John adores a certain style that he can never let go of: his own signature glasses.

"I was born short-sighted," he says, "and all the spectacles available in England were plain and awful." “Once I arrived in the United States in 1970, my eyes were opened to a whole group that was not just simple. [They] It allowed me to fully express myself. For this Elton John Eyewear Very important to me. I want everyone to have a set of frames that help them look and feel like themselves. I hope to continue to inspire people to be whoever they are and whoever they want to be."

Besides wearing eyeglass styles that best reflect his personality, John has been known to give fashion advice to those in his network, including the likes of Ed Sheeran.

"I put my friend Ed Sheeran in touch with Versace before the GQ Awards a few years ago," he recalls. "He used to complain that he was always bored when he had to wear a suit to the awards ceremony. I always told him he wore boring suits! And I was right. He called me up before the awards in this colorful Versace jacket and said to me, 'You know what?' You were right. I feel great."

Ahead, see some of John's most famous outfits and glasses in the virtual world along with his IRL outfits.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments