Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Quavo pens a sincere message: "You are our angel"


Quavo He wrote a touching letter to his fallen partner in rhyme take offHe said that the word "nephew" did not adequately describe him Migos the brothers.

The message was posted to Quavo's Instagram account on Saturday (November 12). The profile has been dormant since a post went viral on October 31, just hours before TakeOff was shot and killed in Houston.

The message, split into three slides, was posted above a stack of photos of the two artists at different stages in their lives.

Quavo wrote: "Since we were kids you've been by my side looking at me, their eyes waiting for me to make the move. Then I followed right behind me. I always made sure to do it first so that she could do it right with me. She never competed with me, we were always on the same team ".

He went on to share memories of fighting with his nephew, as the two dreamed of growing up to become professional wrestlers. Quavo speech temporarily goes from addressing TakeOff in the first person to speaking to the general public.

Quavo recalls: "All this time he had a real passion for music, his dream was to become a rapper because I didn't know what I wanted to do. Sports wasn't my thing because he saw me lose all the time."

Nearing the end of the letter, Quavo returned to directly addressing TakeOff as he reflected on the nature of their relationship.

"All this time, I've been trying to figure out what you really are to me because my nephew wasn't," the letter reads. “We hated the word 'nephew' or when they said 'Unc and Phew' because we've always known we were a lot closer than that which made me feel old too.

“But I knew you are not my brother because you are my sister, so I couldn’t say my brother. Now I finally got it… You are our angel watching me and watching us all the time in live form making sure everyone feels loved and hugged while you are here and you make our dreams come true.”

When he closed the letter, Quavo seemed to click more openly at his grief, writing, "I believe God does not need my help. Can you ask me what I must do to be with you again!!! In a place where there is no pain, no demons, no jealousy" Neither envy nor greed. Whatever we have to do God to be in this place of heaven, send us the tools now because we want to be with Take."

Just before the message, Quavo posted the photos that make up the collage supporting his message. The collection ranges from family photos of the two when they were young to more recent photos taken at the height of their success.

The Migos founders were together in Houston at the time TakeOff was filmed, where they continued to promote their album. Built only for Infinity Linkswhich was released on October 7. The clip garnered 14 million views in just under two weeks.

Prince J. Prince's family erected a memorial to picnic at the Houston shooting site

Before sharing this message, Quavo spoke about the loss of his nephew publicly for the first time, addressing thousands of mourners. Who Gathered at the TakeOff memorial service In Atlanta on Friday (November 11th).

replacewho is believed to have been at odds with his Migos partners at the time Death of TakeOffHe also spoke at the funeral, although he did not make an official statement regarding the tragic loss. his wife Cardi Bhowever, share a file Moving her own greetingOn the day of the TakeOff memorial service.

"This has been a truly nightmare and incomparable pain," she wrote. “The emptiness your brothers feel is unbearable and I pray that you give Offset, Quavo, and your friends and family the strength to continue working as they try to come to terms with this loss.”

She added, "I believe that angels send beautiful signals and dreams to their loved ones to assure them that they are watching and that they are well and happy...Send your mother some of these." [praying emoji]. "


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments