Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Kelly Rowland on Family Friendly Movies


Soon Editor-in-Chief Tyler Trace spoke to him fantasy football Star Kelly Rowland about the movie and sharing her work with her children. The movie is now available exclusively through Paramount+.

The synopsis reads: "In this hilarious and heartwarming father-daughter sports fantasy, everything changes when Callie A. Coleman (Marcie Martin) discovers she can magically control her father, Bobby (Amari Hardwicke), on the soccer field." When Callie plays her dad, a running back for the Atlanta Falcons, on EA Sports Madden NFL 23, Bobby goes from a disoriented hitchhiker to a star jogging back towards stardom alongside his daughter and wife Keisha (Kelly Rowland). With the NFL playoffs looming and Callie's newfound commitment to her bot friends on the rise, the two must push to keep the magic a secret as they contend between the highs and lows of their newfound success, all while rediscovering what it is. It really means being family."

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t47HzgeJt4[/embed]

Tyler Trees: Kelly, there are some hilarious scenes of you running around cheering. Was that from experience? How are you doing with reality sports?

Kelly Rowland: When I'm at it, I'm at it. I went to a soccer game with a girlfriend of mine and it was funny enough, we thought we would probably sit behind our husbands and eat the whole time. But when you catch a play and go, "Go, go, go!" It's like the feel of a stadium, it's like the sound of loud banging in your ear, like the people and fans around you - you pick up energy. For me, that's what I love most about football matches. Basketball games - I've always loved basketball - but soccer games... It's energy for me, for sure.

Marsai Martin, she's so young, so talented. Not only did she participate in the movie, but she produced it. What's the biggest benefit from seeing her work and taking on all these different roles?

She is very observant. Like there was one scene she was running after us and I remember — I don't think we were supposed to know or I wasn't supposed to know — and we were filming the scene, and she kept looking at her watch. She kept looking at the way people were moving, and it was moving a bit slowly for her. She wasn't rushing or anything, but she was encouraging people to move faster because we needed to get the shot. It was another moment where she saw something was out of place and the lighting just wasn't quite right, you know what I mean? It's like a real producer. It cares about what's on the screen and takes care of all the adjustments. To be so young and have that kind of vision and have a specific place where she wants her art to be is really exceptional to me. She is definitely a visionary young woman.

I just got Curse of Bridge Hollow, which was a lot of fun and now Fantasy Football. How satisfied are you with these family-friendly movies that also have great messages attached to them? Because this is something your kids can enjoy too.

It's incredible. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to bring my youngest to see the movie with me, because it'll be my first time seeing it this week. So I'm really excited about that, because I'm going to be sharing these movies with him. Funny enough, Titan was actually afraid of The Curse of the Hollow Bridge And I was sitting right next to him and he watched. He's going, "Mom!" The big pumpkin is trying to get me to the other side, and I'm like, "Here I am, man! I'm here." But to be able to share these moments is amazing and I feel really grateful and really blessed.

Omri Hardwick is very cool in the movie. How do you get that chemistry between you two because there's so much love and care in those characters?

I mean, Omari is incredibly supportive. Keep it real with me. When we were on set, he would run through the lines. If I had a question about something, I knew I could ask it. I felt like a student. I still feel like a student. I'm still learning. I'm still growing in this acting space. If anyone is going to teach you or ask anyone a question, Omari is the one to whom you ask the question, because he is so beautiful in this craft and he puts himself into it. I really respect that about him. I really appreciate that about him and he knows how serious I am too. So yeah, I appreciate that.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments