Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen releases never-before-heard five-album box set


Bruce Springsteen He confirmed that he was preparing a compilation of five previously unreleased albums, primarily recorded during the 1990s.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone Add details to it comments He had previously made it, saying the group would follow Spirit trackshis 1998 collection of unheard and alternative songs.

"I have a collection of five unreleased albums that are basically post-1988," said Springsteen. "People have always wondered... people look at my '90s work and go, 'The '90s wasn't a great decade for Bruce. '" He was kind of doing it and he wasn't in the E Street Band... "I made a lot of music during that time period. I made albums already. For one reason or another, it just wasn't the right timing or whatever; I just didn't put it out."

He added that he put the collection together after spending the last winter "cleaning out the whole cellar," and continued, "Some of it is the old stuff the band plays, and some of it is the newer stuff that I would have imagined during that time period. It's going to give people a chance to re-evaluate what I was doing during that time." period. Also a lot of the stuff is really weird… I can't wait to see the response to some of it.”

Springsteen confirmed a long-standing rumor that one of his unheard albums was based entirely on drum loops. "It would be as weird as people think," he said. "But he uses all the drum loops and things like that, and he uses synthesizers. I love recording myself. But the first thing we put out is a series of albums. It'll be interesting to see the fan response because I love them all."

He stated that the box set would be arriving "in the near future", and also revealed that he is on his way to completing the follow-up to his latest LP Only the strong surviveand he is a translator covers vol. 1. "volume 2More likely, maybe three-quarters were recorded," he said "It's very similar. I kept working in soul music because I had so much fun. But I thought of doing a series of these records in a variety of different genres with songs that I like."

He continued, "I'd like to do one country record. I'd like to do a rock record. There's a lot of different things, and they all focus on my voice, they all focus on how good I sing. I'd really like to use that time when I'm not writing to really focus on Lyric. "

Ranked Bruce Springsteen albums

Given that he spent much of his formative years painstakingly crafting his albums, we don't often think of Bruce Springsteen as such a prolific artist. But he averaged an album about every two years throughout his career.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments