Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Iggy Pop says he was once asked about joining AC/DC


Iggy Pop He says he was once asked about becoming AC/DCthe singer.

In an extended interview with New York times promoting his new studio album Every loserBob recalls being approached by the manager of an Australian rock group about the job.

"They had a manager many years ago, when I didn't make a fix StoogesRemember, I didn't move to England. And this guy said, "Are you interested in joining AC/DC?" They were looking for a singer.

Bob explains that he does not consider himself right for the job. "I listened to their record. I thought, I can't fit in that bill. I didn't like, uh, don't like them. It's so well done. They do a delicate job, but I'm not that they needed."

The article does not specify when this offer was made. In 1972 Bob moved to London to record Brute force With the reconfigured Stooges lineup. This album was released in February of 1973. AC/DC was not formed Even after nine months They did not release their first album until 1975 high voltage.

after Died February 1980 From Bon ScottAC/DC has been known to have considered several candidates to replace him. They chose in the end Brian Johnsonwho sang that year behind in the dark She has topped the group ever since.

Bob met Scott once - there photo online The singers chatted backstage at Whiskey in Los Angeles in 1977, with pops covered in purple paint. But he doesn't remember her. "I had a great meeting with Boone somewhere, and we were drunk and stoned," he explained. "I see pictures sometimes. I go, I don't remember, but that's me with Bon! I just loved what he did."

AC/DC Albums Ranked

Critics say that every AC/DC album sounds the same, but that could not be further from the truth.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments