Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Lisa Marie Presley (1968-2023) | Salutation


She later said that she ended her first marriage in part because the disparity in wealth and power between her and Kyo made him resent her. "It is difficult for a man to be with a woman who is stronger and richer." She said After years. So I think in my mind, I know, I'll be with someone who's more compatible. I wasn't thinking what other people were thinking, that I must have lost my mind."

The most compatible man was Michael Jackson, with whom she had been friends for years (he called him repeatedly during her teenage years trying to meet her, and she finally agreed after he said he'd listen to her demo tape). They had a lot in common, including massive wealth, living an entire life in the glare of cameras, and a traumatic childhood. Jackson was the victim of physical and, rumoured, sexual abuse at the hands of his manager father, who Jackson's sister Janet said also molested her when she was a girl. Jackson and Presley married in 1994 in the Dominican Republic and have denied and subsequently confirmed tabloid reports of this happening. The first round of child molestation accusations struck against Jackson long before their marriage. Jackson convinced her that the charges were not true. Even after the divorce, and several new accusations, Presley refused to take sides in the matter.

But she said, "Leaving my first marriage, for the person I left it for - that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

She then married Nicolas Cage, whose performances sometimes channeled Elvis—notably in Beast at heartin which he sangLove me tender," And Honeymoon in Vegas, which featured several Elvis impersonators and had a wall-to-wall soundtrack of Presley songs. The marriage ended within 14 weeks, and Cage later called it "a big mistake".

Cage I met her at a party: "Here she is, those pretty eyes that seemed to have a sad story to tell." He reflected on his Elvis-adjacent career up to that point (which had not, he insisted, been a product of design) and thought, "Maybe it was all these crazy coincidences revolving around this moment I met this girl that my tracks stopped me...and I [thought]Well, she is from an artistic family, I am from an artistic family. She was born with a very popular name press from day one. I was a young actor with the last name Coppola and trying to get into Hollywood with that pressure."

They fought constantly and separated several times before and during the marriage before finally separating. One of the fights that occurred on Cage's yacht off the Catalina a few weeks before the wedding got so heated that Presley removed her $65,000 engagement ring and threw it into the sea; Cage hired a team of divers to find him, but after two days they gave up, saying he was hopeless. She accused Cage of being hot-tempered and of being frighteningly obsessed with her father. Cage denied this to Barbara Walterssaying "We're not going to buy Graceland. We've never lived in Graceland. I'm not going to build Graceland on top of a ranch somewhere."


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments