Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Before and After - Laundry Room Makeover


I believe that tough tasks can be made more enjoyable if done in a beautiful environment, and I approached designing our new laundry room with that in mind. The laundry area at #JungalowByTheMountain was relatively spacious and quite functional but completely lacking in personality and sentiment - making the chore of doing laundry feel like a mere chore. I wanted to inject a heavy dose of color and pattern into the space so that the laundry room looked like a place I might want to be in, for example, Like a dirty clothes boutique hotel. hehe.

The laundry room is a great place to be bold and play with color and pattern. Like a powder room, it's a confined area that doesn't really need to "fit in" with the surrounding spaces, so there's the perfect opportunity to have fun and get a little wild. I choose to install this Peel and stick wallpaper Because I wanted something flowery and with a dark floor to match washing machine And the dryer. (To help us calculate how much wallpaper we need, we used a very handy wallpaper calculator from The Home Depot app). The overall look I wanted to lend to the space was full of magic and mystery.
On the floor, we then installed cement hex tiles in Sage from Dia tiles. We used a very thin line and grout color "River Rock" because I wanted the grout lines to be less noticeable. Designed by Gemstone carpet From my collection with Loloi Rugs.

I chose Cajun Red and Terracotta Clay from Behr for the paint colors, because I wanted to bring warmth into the space. We used two colors to give the space more dynamism. As a finishing touch, we replaced the old cabinet hardware with something a little more modern in black and gold to match the backdrop.


Since the wallpaper we used was peel and stick, I also decided to cover the hideous railing (which we kept for safety reasons) and now it kind of disappears into the wallpaper pattern. Yay.
Now I can get lost in the wallpaper pattern and the warm tones of the wall and ceiling and dream of doing laundry in Florence, Istanbul, or Antigua (just a few places I don't mind doing laundry!)

xxJB


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments