Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

John Frusciante Almost Abandoned Eddie Van Halen Tribute Solo


John Frusciante He admitted he struggled with the guitar solo at the end of "Eddie". hot red pepperTribute song to Eddie Van Halen.

He described the experience as "fucking the mind" in a new interview with Guitar player', saying he came close to cutting the last part of the song because he was very uncomfortable with the idea.

"When we're in the studio and in-between takes, I always do things like tap with two hands," Frusciante explained. “I'll play really flashy stuff during breaks. But when it comes to the record, I just do what I think is appropriate for the song, and in most cases that doesn't involve really flashy playing.”

The single "Eddie" was the last song he tracked out of the 48 songs compiled for Chili's 2022 albums, Unlimited love And the The return of the dream canteen. Doing that solo was fucking mind-blowing, I'll tell you. I finally saved it, because the idea of ​​having a song about Eddie Van Halen, you're saying to people, 'Think of Eddie Van Halen.' And then when it comes to that long guitar solo at the end, you're You say “Now watch this!” And I didn't like that idea.

Listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers "Eddie"

Frusciante added that he was "considering cutting the single entirely" at one point. "I've been trying for a while, and I haven't been happy with anything I'm doing," he noted. "I was either going too far in Eddie van Halen's direction, where he was so busy and there was a lot of tapping and it just didn't sound like me, or I was just doing it and it just sounded like me."

Things changed when he managed to stop being "shy" about what the song was about. "Maybe I took a 15-minute break," Frusciante noted. "And when I came back, I did it all...in one take." He said the score sums up "the love I've had for playing it since I was eight years old."

Red Hot Chili Peppers albums ranked

Funk rockers have delivered some timeless classics...and unforgettable releases, too.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments