Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

The new album helped John Frusciante rebalance after RHCP's busy year


John Frusciante He said that his upcoming solo album was the result of needing a reset after working on two new albums hot red pepper records.

The band released Unlimited love And the The return of the dream canteen during 2022, which left the guitarist eager to take a different creative approach.

Frusciante wrote: "After a year and a half of writing and recording rock music, I needed to clear my head" bandcamp. "I listened to music and generally made things in it gradually rather than suddenly. I would make up patches... hearing one sound turn into another, making changes to the vamp only after listening for a long time, adding elements gradually, and finally manipulating the sounds on the fly."

Frusciante further emphasized how his membership in the Chili Peppers influenced the solo project. "I previously spent 12 years programming and engineering my own music, and then I spent a year and a half composing music where my role was mainly to write songs and play guitar," he explained. When the band's recording phase was complete, I needed to get back to my approved language. I'd done enough with chords, rhythms, notes, set syllables, sharp transitions, etc. What I needed to do was create music from the ground up with nothing but sound. , and having that music reflect 'being' rather than 'action.' It was a therapeutic way of rebalancing myself, both before and during my band's mixing process."

The result is a new album that will arrive in two different versions. The first is titled .And the: (pronounced "one"), to be released on vinyl, while:secondly. (pronounced "two") will be available digitally. The vinyl version is shorter because "some of the tracks have sounds that can't be pressed onto vinyl."

While Frusciante's Red Hot Chili Peppers experiment sparked the new solo effort, the guitarist also took a page from some of his favorite rock icons.

“I was also inspired by my mental image of myself John LennonTape and mellotron experiments he conducted at home during his time at the the BeatlesFrusciante noted, “In addition to events such as the first minute of Boy's from station to station"...and the gods made love" Jimi Hendrixthe synths on the song "Mass Production" by Iggy Popand the general idea of thereThe initial concept of ambient music. "

Frusciante continued, explaining his new material: "This music just seeks presence, not trying to manipulate or capture the listener in any way. I think it works well if one listens loudly and focuses on it, but it also works well at soft volumes and in the background. He can." Competing with Silence on Silence's special terms, he could also happily erase Silence."

.And the: And the :secondly. It will be released in February. 3 via acid test records. Meanwhile, Red Hot Chili Peppers will Wander around the world between January and June.

Red Hot Chili Peppers albums ranked

Funk rockers have delivered some timeless classics...and unforgettable releases, too.


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments