Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

James Hetfield warns fans not to fall for fake accounts


The imposter's accounts are proliferating across social media, and prominent musicians are clearly among the most prevalent targets. (just ask Mike Portnoy.) Unfortunately, it appears James Hetfield is another victim, and he's sternly warning fans to be careful of such deceptions.

Yesterday (January 14), Admin metallica The Twitter account posted a three-picture statement from the fiery star beginning with, "Papa Het would like you to read this." From there Hetfield wrote:

There are people online who have impersonated me, spread misinformation, and caused harm to other people. There are charlatans and predators out there. This is beyond my control, but who you choose to contact is under your control. Please be careful on social media and screen people before contacting them.

To be clear... I am not on any form of social media, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The only contact between me and social media is through the official Metallica website and the official Metallica social networks. If you are following or communicating with someone who you think is portraying or portraying themselves as me...

not me.

I hope this helps those who have been scammed or are being scammed and are too shy to talk about it.

With love and respect
James 'Papa Heat' Hetfield

You can view the same post below:

Touchingly, many Metallica fans responded to the post with not only general support but also specific requests for Hetfield to return to social media. For example, one fan said: “We would love for you to be on Instagram.

Other users gave more sarcastic responses (understandably so). In particular, someone joked, "Here I was thinking James and I would meet for drinks later tonight at Turtle Jack's." the problem. Similarly, another follower asked, "Does that mean he doesn't need my Social Security number in order to get through the back stage of Metallica?"

As for why Hetfield gave up his Instagram account in the first place, Blabbermouth transcribed his December 2016 chat with The Canadian Press He gives some ideas:

I immersed myself in social media... trying to be classy, ​​trying to be cool. You know, my kids are on Instagram [so I thought], "I want to try this thing." I just wanted to look like the cool daddy to my kids. And I ended up just being... It was such a huge time, and that's all I could think about. “Oh, hi, I’m here. I can take a picture and put it on Instagram and get some hits,” or whatever, and try to get a lot of followers… But there’s a good part about that — you know, there are people you can meet and talk to. With them you know, and then when you get to their city, you [like], "Cool, you're here." And you make a friend. But most of the time, it was just a drain on time, and I just started neglecting normal life. She was living in the online world, and neither was she for me.

So - in case it needs to be repeated - the next time you see a suspicious person pretending to be Papa Heat (or any other famous person), use basic judgment and logic to learn about their tricks.

Another thing you should do is catch up on the new Metallica album, 72 seasons, which is set to be released on April 14 via her label, Blackened Recordings. Oh, and be sure to check out tickets for them Upcoming world tour "M72"which kicks off on April 27 and runs until the end of September 2024. You can even Buy one-day tickets!

Rank all Metallica songs


Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments